Today, the potential for consistent and reliable RFID is here and within reach. RAIN RFID, a brand name for passive UHF solutions, has proven to be an extremely effective asset tracking technology. RAIN RFID offers a low total cost of ownership in environments where large numbers of items must be tracked over a wide area.
Because of its proven business value, RFID has finally come into its own. Now a mature technology in the retail sector, RFID is quickly expanding into a wide variety of industries and applications:
- For the transportation and logistics industry, RFID improves asset visibility, data and quality for a extensive list of applications—including distribution, shipping and receiving, warehouse operation, asset tracking and baggage tracking. Delta Airlines, for example, is deploying RFID baggage tracking technology, a first for U.S. carriers, providing customers with improved real-time tracking of luggage throughout the travel experience.
- For manufacturing operations, RFID enables smarter decisions with real-time tracking for work-in-process, product identification, asset tracking and more. Its RAIN RFID solution is helping Volvo track vehicles through production for more efficient and accurate manufacturing.
- According to the RAIN RFID Alliance, more than 100 retailers worldwide use RAIN RFID, because it helps them boost sales, reduce out of stocks and improve productivity – by enhancing inventory visibility, improving asset tracking and order fulfillment, and more. Athletic apparel retailer Lululemon recently reported that RFID was a major factor in the company’s ability to remain flexible in responding to changing consumer demands.
- In healthcare, RFID is helping hospitals increase efficiency, reduce costs and elevate patient care — for everything from records management to asset tracking. Mayo Clinic is using RFID to track equipment and staff to help them improve care delivery.
Zebra Technologies RFID Solutions
Zebra offers the industry’s broadest portfolio or RAIN RFID technology, including RFID handheld readers, printers and encoders, inlays and labels. Zebra’s wide range of handheld RFID readers includes solutions for virtually every use case, including :
- 2D presentation imagers that offer small read areas for limited spaces. These are ideal for retail point-of-sale (POS) applications, specimen tracking for laboratories, and item tracking for electronics assembly.
- RFID sleds that double as mobile computers for indoor asset tracking. This application is suited well for us by department stores, specialty apparel, and sporting goods retailers.
- Integrated RFID handhelds offering the highest level of performance for manufacturing, warehousing, retail, commercial services, and government use cases.
Zebra RFID printers can help you accurately print and encode RAIN RFID labels and tags when and where you need them. The Zebra portfolio includes a broad choice of hardware—including:
- Industrial printers that keep operations running 24/7 in the harshest environments and most demanding RFID applications.
- Easy-to-manage mobile printers built to withstand repeated drops, spills and splashes.
- Compact and easy-to-use desktop printers that deliver intelligence and advanced features.
- UHF card printers deliver exceptional image quality that is efficient and cost effective.
The Zebra UFH-RFID supplies portfolio includes inlays in 30 sizes that accommodate most common uses and labels for specialized applications. The newest generation of Zebra RFID inlays include general purpose labels for consistent, reliable performance—and advanced labels optimized to be read up to 60 feet from any angle and offering wideband performance when placed on or near challenging materials.
An Experienced TeamLet Redline help you leverage Zebra’s decades of expertise, design and software development to achieve maximum RAIN RFID efficiency, while minimizing the pains of multi-vendor solutions. We can help you choose the right solution from Zebra’s industry-leading RFID portfolio for unmatched accuracy and interoperability. Our solution experts stand ready to assist you in connecting it all and creating a platform that elevates every system, device, tag, and worker. Contact us today at 408-562-1700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.